Reviews

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Where's My F***in' Peanuts?!

Dear fellow drunkards,
There's something I need to get off my chest. As you may have noticed, I'm rather opinionated about how a bar should be run and there is one thing that's been eating at me for a couple of years now: bar snacks.
It seems the days of gratis bar snacks are coming slowly to an end and I for one miss them. I fail to see the logic in eliminating something that keeps customers firmly planted in their bar stool rather than headed home for dinner.
Bar owners, I know from personal experience that if you toss a rocks glass full of peanuts (about ten cents worth) in front of me you will easily sell me three more drinks than if you hadn't (not to mention, when I do go home, I do so more safely because I didn't just drink a six-pack on an empty stomach). Also, there are a couple of bars I frequent only because their snacks kick ass (the bar at the Westin Riverwalk comes to mind).
No bar, in my opinion, should have nothing to offer their patrons to snack on. Oh, and please don't take the cheap-ass way out and only get a popcorn machine. Popcorn does little to curb my appetite. Pretty much anything else will do.
Readers: If you know of a bar that has great snacks post it in the comments!
end rant

No comments: